The 7th annual Red Meat Updates was held on Friday, 26 July 2019 at the Tramsheds Function Centre, Launceston
The theme for the 2019 event was ‘Getting down to business’ and showcased presentations focusing on business and people management.
We were pleased to announce that the 2019 program is once again jam packed full of local and interstate presenters speaking on a variety of relevant red meat topics and projects. We’ve worked hard to put together a program which focuses on all aspects of farm business productivity, including a more intensive focus on human resource management with our new Getting Down to Business session.
2019 Virtual Farm Tour
This year for our 2019 Virtual Farm Tour we visited Steve Sattler from picturesque ‘Barnbougle’ at Bridport on the north-east coast of Tasmania. The 2019 VFT is sponsored by TP Jones & Co and we greatly appreciate their continued support.
Red Meat Champions
- Rabobank Industry Innovator – Anna Speer, AACo
- KPMG Gate to plate – Paul Crock, Gippsland Natural Beef
- Angus Australia Emerging Leader – Alex Muirhead, Muirhead Enterprises
Irrigated Pasture Updates
- Nitrogen use for irrigated pastures – Jason Lynch, Macquarie Franklin
- Further increasing productivity in an irrigated system – Richard Burbury, RH & GH Burbury
- Maintaining sustainability in a changing production system – implementing irrigation in a dry climate – Richard Hallett, Llanberis Pastoral
Dryland Pasture Updates
- Increasing supply chain profitability through grazing management – Ben Hooper, Springmere Estate
- Maximising winter pasture production in a dryland system – Jason Lynch, Macquarie Franklin
- ASKBILL: Forecasts to assist sheep management – Lu Hogan, UNE
- Bred well, fed well beef – Jason Trompf, JT Agri-Source
- The strategy and progress to a viable beef business – Stephen Pilkington, Pilkington Pastoral
- Changing consumer demands and what they mean for on-farm production practices – Peter Greenham, Greenham Tasmania
Keep up to date!
follow us on the following social media platforms
Facebook: Red Meat Updates – Tasmania