Wow, what a day!
On Friday the 28th of July, over 350 people attended the fifth annual Red Meat Updates conference in Launceston, Tasmania. It was standing room only for many of the presentations, as Tasmania’s red meat sector turned up in force to network, learn and celebrate our exciting industry.
In the coming week we will be updating our website with presentations, photos and proceedings from the event – so stay tuned. But in the meantime, here are a few action shots from Red Meat Updates 2017!
What did attendees say?
The feedback from the event has been overwhelming and incredibly positive. 150 evaluation forms were completed on the day by event attendees and we have received many emails of thanks since then. Some of the comments from the feedback forms (we have five pages of comments!) are listed below:
- A very good day for the industry
- Great to see the young age demographic well represented
- A must attend annual function
- Great information day to hear what producers are doing and network
- Today was fabulous
- Once a year opportunity to gather with like-minded producers to hear and discuss what is happening in our industry
- A chance to participate in a conference that has relevance to Tasmanian red meat producers
- Today was great – will definitely be back next year
- RMU is a unique, professionally run event that any red meat producer would benefit from attending
- I really enjoyed the chance to network and meet people
- Worth taking a day off for
- Great overview, great networking, great introduction and awareness of resources
- Networking extravaganza
- Wonderful – happy to continue to sponsor
- Interactive and informative day to reinvigorate me and my red meat business
- Implementing the practices spoken about has more than doubled our kg of beef/ha and return on capital
- Refreshing, informative and inspiring people, especially some of the women involved
- The number of producers that come to RMU says it all
- The most important agricultural event I have seen so far for furthering the industry
A great program developed by industry, for industry
The program at Red Meat Updates is developed by the Red Meat Updates Working Group, chaired by Georgie Burbury. This group of producers and industry representatives are responsible for setting the conference theme and agenda each year. The program this year proved to be very popular, with the majority of people surveyed rating its content and relevance 8/10 or better.
Congratulations to the Red Meat Updates Working Group!
Red Meat Updates 2017 Working Group: Stephen Creese, Iain Bruce, Georgie Burbury, Chris Headlam, Basil Doonan, George Shea, Alison Napier, David Squibb, Tony Butler. Absent: Irene Sobotta, Fiona Looker.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors
We absolutely have to acknowledge the amazing support we have received this year from our sponsors. We are very proud to have such a large number of business and organistaions supporting Red Meat Updates. If you come across any of them in your travels, please thank them for their support.